I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's the power

Power over others is not only unnecessary, but dangerous. No person or group should ever have power over other people. People must be egalitarian or extinct.

In the Democratic U.S. even crime is almost never anything more than a power grab. We justify power with phrases such as "white collar", "felony", "misdemeanor", etc. But the problem is allowing ourselves to pursue power at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home