I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Reade LIKES Dancing!


2/19/2013, Tuesday night dancing event (Suzi - likely - and I will be there if Thunder "approves" :):

Salsa Night / DJ Factor Latino Angel ($5 cover)
Famous Dave's BBQ & Blues
3001 Hennepin Ave
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408
(612) 822-9900
See February Calendar for details.  This (Salsa) appears to happen every Tuesday.
Last time Sheryl and I were there, we didn't see any lessons to take, but it was A BLAST to watch!  I think we'll at least give it a try next event, lessons or not!  Suzi wants to go to this one!

The following Saturday night, 2/23/2013, dancing event (Steph, Sheryl - if I drag her - and I will be there if  Thunder "approves"; ):

Bill Koncar (Polka/Latin) ($? cover)
Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit
2300 University Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418
(612) 781-3860
See February Calendar (click "Calendar") for details.
Still don't know how to Polka, but let's do this!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Reade:

Next Tuesday 2/18 may very well work for me for Salsa. Next Saturday 2/23 is a maybe for me. I am hoping to talk my friend into joining y'all on that night, but I do not have that commit yet.

-Tim

1:47 PM  
Blogger Steff said...

I could go Salsa next tuesday. Broomball will be done :(
I'm done volunteering Free Arts by 8, & all those little preschoolers give me a ton of energy and silliness :)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Reade said...

for 2/19: Stephee, and I (NOT dancing) for sure. Who else?

For 2/23: Stephee I'm pretty sure, maybe Timmo, Sheryl - if I drag her - and me (still not dancing).

10:24 AM  
Blogger Reade said...

2/19: scratch Steph. That leaves Timmo (likely), Reade, and Suzi (work allowing?)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Reade said...

GRRRREAT time! Sheryl and youngest came by for a bit (school today ya know!) Timmo, Mountain Joe and Reade were there at 7pm and we had some pretty good BBQ for non-Texan. :) Still no Blue Bell ice cream - it really does tug at me, you're so deprived, bless your hearts! And NO, not Blue Bunny! Kenneth and Suzanne H - "Suzi" - arrived around 8:30ish and cut a considerable rug despite forgetting whatever they DID know, if anything, about salsa. And the mystery that is of the - "rooster tail" - has investigation well underway! Seeya Saturday, 2/23, and next couple weeks plan is under advisement.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Steff said...

I'll be at gatsoff at 8 this saturday with a few out of town gal friends :) see you all for polka and silly times.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

I'm honoring previous dinner plans with a friend, so I'm a 50/50 "maybe". Unless, of course, I convince her to join us! Hail NordEast!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Reade said...

2/23: WOW what a time! Help me remember troupe, but I think we had: Chuck, Mountain Joe, Suzi, Timmo, Paul, Carl, Sheryl (for a bit), Steph (and her friends Cory, Kelly, Brook, Allison, Teresa, Julie?). OH, and the General! :)

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home