I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Monday, August 08, 2005

I think Mark's trying to call

I think he tried me on my way out of town Friday night, the 5th. I tried to call back. I'm getting that funny message, and it won't let me ring his number. I'll wait a few more days, then call John to see if he can't get hold of Mark. Mark's number just won't let me call back. I've never heard such a message before. I wish I could remember it exactly, it's so unusual.

Went to Nacogdoches for visit with Grandmother over the weekend. Also visited with Dad and Stepmother. Good time! Poor Delany! She was really sliding on that mattress board! It almost fell on Jordan! Both enjoyed the "hayride" though. They saw several lizards, but no deer. Dad is a Vietnam vet. He was a medic, so his unit was pretty small.

Not like Uncle Bill's unit! WOW, saw some old pictures this weekend! Saw Master Sergeant Manion (looks exactly the same in one of the pictures of Mark's fax, Uncle Bill agrees). Aunt Jeansie is making copies to send to Mark pretty soon. I told her Mark already had copies and that he would send them whenever as well. Hopefully he'll contact Uncle Bill and Aunt Jeansie pretty soon. They haven't heard from him yet. Hope he's OK. I hope all are well there. Quite an emotional time for me for sure! I hope the family can see this blog too. I told Mark about it last entry and he looked at it (couldn't make out Uncle Bill too well from the picture, so small). It's odd knowing of them now, the Manion's, talking to Mark even, and looking back to see what I wrote before I even spoke with any of them! But I bare my soul to them: my sisters and brothers. A new mother as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home