I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Uncle (Master Sergeant) Billy Bob Sitton 7

I cried again. All morning at home. When Coleen calls back, first question to her, before I start crying again, is "name, rank, serial number". I have Mr. Manion's name, service number, and date of passing. Service number and wounds confirmed with Bonnie at the VA. I want her to tell me her dad's name, service number, and date of passing. I'm an IT guy. I work with numbers all day. The work can be mundane, but if one number is off, all hell breaks loose! Then I want to know names (spelled) and birthdates of everyone in her family from her father down. Then I want to know her and her mother's address there in Minnesota. Then I want to give her Uncle Bill's names (spellings), birthdates, address and descendents. Then I want to take no more of her time: I want her to call Uncle Bill, and I think she wants to call him. As much as I want to speak with her, I think. We're a close family, the Sitton's. I bet the Manion's are too. I had 5 sets of parents! All of them raised me as if I was their own. Being raised that way, I feel like Mr. Manion is my father too! I think this is why I'm crying: I've just found out I lost my father, in 1997. I'm so lucky to still have him through Uncle Bill. I think Coleen has her father back! I don't know if she has any siblings or not. If not, then it's just her and her mother now. Her mother has hearing problems.

Called Uncle Bill and Aunt Jeansie. Left a message: headsup, Coleen might be calling in the next couple days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home