I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Government of Conviction II

Karl Marx believed "labor's" takeover would be by war or dictation. I believe "labor's" takeover will be by dictation or conviction. And I define labor as all human beings. Already, by popular vote ( or dictation since, by definition, those who voted against are being commanded to follow those who voted for), the "state" is partly providing "according to need". And (a little humor here) based on my relative pay rate, I'd say, in my "state" job, I'm definitely giving according to my ability! I think we will progress from dictation even. One by one, and hopefully soon, every human being in the world will finally be convinced to make nonnegotiable the 5 basics for human existence: healthy food, clean air and water, the safest shelter, and the best health care.

I guess mine is a progression from Marx's apocolyptic view of humanity. I'm optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home