I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Why vote?

The most powerful force in our Democracy is the voter, but only a fraction of us vote. Even I've missed voting in elections! This can't happen. We all must vote.

It's ironic those who vote are the elite, and rich few that, by their numbers, should never have winning candidates. And those who don't vote are the many, many poor to middle class who should, by their numbers, always have winning candidates. It's true that low voter turnout favors business interests (they say conservatives, but businesses are the entities that want to influence the voters no matter the political affiliation). And high voter turnout favors labor. A pro business democracy (more like fascism) is inversely related to voter turnout. The lower the turnout, the more pro business (fascist) the government.

Again, we must vote! There are many reasons not to: 1. what difference does one vote make? 2. I don't know the candidates anyway, 3. I work for a living, I don't have time to vote. We'll be at the polling place on every election day if we take to heart the answers to these "questions": 1. Look at the presidential elections of 2000 and 2004 - our votes DO count! 2. You still have a "gut" feeling, usually right, about people, even strangers you pass by. Why not a "stranger" who has additionally been in the public eye? 3. If you don't have time to vote now, so you don't, you're guaranteed to have less time later (business interests will see to that! THEY KNOW OUR VOTE DEFEATS THEM EVERY TIME! That's why they keep you as busy as possible.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home