I want the world to be better for everyone

I'm an economist. Now I hate economics. Don't get me wrong: it's why I am the way I am, and for that I'm thankful. Problem is this field is the study of limited resources. And this definition flies in the face of the one resource on our planet that has no limit - us. And that's only 1 unlimited resource! I want to harness these unlimited resources, because it will mean "standards of living" are also unlimited - to us! And that will mean the greed will go away. Nothing to do but blog.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Advance the Salsa!


Some of us are getting pretty darn good at this Salsa thing!  Thanks, friends who are girls, for being especially patient!  I only speak for Reade though!

5/17/2013, Friday night dancing event (Timmo and Reade there for sure - see comments for any updates):

Lesson 5 (or less for those few who've missed) - Salsa at Four Seasons Dance Studio!
7:00 - 8:00pm (don't forget your card!)

Four Seasons Dance Studio
1637 Hennepin Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55403
(612) 342-0902

Then put to test what Salsa we learned at Cedar Cultural Center!  $12 entry fee (can be bought in advance through the "Ticket Counter")
8pm - ????
After lesson, we'll make our way to The Center and dance the night away!

Cedar Cultural Center
416 Cedar Ave S,
Minneapolis MN 55454
612-338-2674


Beyond 5/17/2013 plans:

We've discussed advancing our classes to the next, uh, Salsatic level:  intermediate lessons.  Please comment on the when/where/etc.


9 Comments:

Blogger Reade said...

Tex votes emphatic yeah on same venue, same trainer (Don knows his stuff!!), and same "after-training". Having, for much of his life, lived WAAAY closer to the Equator than his Minnesota friends, however, Tex tends to lean toward making this a Fall/Winter thing when the days are shorter and the cabin fever is most pitched. Reade can't IMAGINE being indoors 1. on a 16 to 17 hour Minnesota Summer day, 2. followed by a 7 to 8 hour night at most! Is it just me? If not, I'm happily outvoted!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Steff said...

I've be ok with either :)
I love salsa! But we could always go occasionally later at night and just practice what we know already! :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Steff said...

I've be ok with either :)
I love salsa! But we could always go occasionally later at night and just practice what we know already! :)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Reade said...

for 5/17/2013 event: +Melissa, Sheryl, Rachel, maybe Cara, Chuck, Joe

2:35 PM  
Blogger Reade said...

for 5/17/2013 event: Steph going if she decides NOT to rest up for her outing (won't hurt our feelings, Steph!)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Reade said...

for 5/17/2013 event: Tracey +1

11:00 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Of course I am in. See y'all tonight!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

http://www.thecedar.org/events/m%C3%BAsica-latina/2013/05/17/malamanya-bato-bato-and-radio-pocho

Video links to tonight's band; they appear to be very good!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Reade:

Please post the next Salsa night for 6/7/13. Memorial and Whitewater weekends will take over until then. Salsa; such a great time!

-Tim

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home